-
February 19th, 2005, 08:34 PM
#1
Senior Hostboard Member
What would happen if one removes the sector dividers from an 811 horn? Completely.
This would be for a home environment listening in the near field. Just an experiment I've always wondered about.
Ron
-
February 20th, 2005, 07:08 AM
#2
Hostboard Member
That what I'm using now, because my 511 horns still on the way. It sounds nice!
-
February 20th, 2005, 10:19 AM
#3
Senior Hostboard Member
I meant keeping the horn, but just cutting out the sectoral dividers. Not usnig just the driver by itself.
Nice Onken cabintes by the way!
How do they sound?
416 woofer? Where did you get the plans?
Ron
-
February 20th, 2005, 11:21 AM
#4
Hostboard Member
HI Ron!
Sorry for my missunderstanding. The cabinet you see on the picture is made by myself. The driver is Altec 416-8A. But this is just a test version. The final will be professionaly made cabinets with horn section on the top (like in Altec 1234 cabinets). This Jensen-Onken sounds great for me with clear deep bass. The plans is here:
Altec 416-Onken
Mike
-
February 20th, 2005, 11:37 AM
#5
Senior Hostboard Member
Thanks Mike!
Too bad I don't read french?
Yours are beautiful.
You really in Moscow?
Ron
-
February 21st, 2005, 04:41 AM
#6
Hostboard Member
Yes, I am in Moscow. Don't you belive?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks